Sunday, November 8, 2009

That's What Families Do

No one's ancestors are more interesting than my very own ancestors!

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy hearing and reading about other people's dead relatives and the experiences of their lives. I love history and find the stories interesting, and they help me put time periods and events from those periods into perspective.

I appreciate hearing and reading about the research others have done. It helps me learn more about how to research better and gives me ideas about approaches I hadn't thought about for research.

But for all that, I gotta say, my very own grands and great-grands and gggrands hold my interest so much more than anyone else's grands. I think it has to do with the bonds of love and family. Yes, I have to say, I love them. Perhaps when I meet them, I won't necessarily like them -that is, I may not particularly enjoy someone's personality- but I know I will love them. Because that's what families do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...