Saturday, February 27, 2010

Leila, Infant Daughter of G. & B.


A weathered grave marker.
A barely legible death certificate.

They are the only tangible evidence I have of my father's twin sister who died three days after she was born.

I have heard that she was the first-born twin, the stronger twin, the one they expected would live. And yet 3 days later she was gone.

What unutterable grief for her little family, Gust and Beulah (Gerner) Doyle, and her twin brother, Lee.

So that her life won't be forgotten, I'm commemorating her birthday today, February 27. She was born 97 years ago.

Happy Birthday, little Leila.

1 comment:

  1. What a great thing to remember. . .
    I'm sure that must have been very sad. Especially as she was the stronger twin!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...