Saturday, March 17, 2012

Youth, Age, and the Month of March

I so enjoy looking at photos of people across a period of time to compare how they looked when they were young with how age changed their appearance. These are my great-grandparents, William and Tressa Rose Froman Doyle. Their eyes seemed to have become more deep-set, their hair thinner. And I've heard it said that noses and ears never stop growing. Looking at these photos I'd say there's some truth to that.

March was their month, it seems. Tressa was born in March, 1867. (The exact date is uncertain, a situation which I hope will be cleared up when her Pennsylvania death certificate arrives.) William was born on March 3, 1863. And they were married on March 17, 1885. I wish I knew how they chose March for their wedding. Was it for convenience sake or was it a purposeful choice to keep major events in the same month? Were they thinking about St. Patrick's Day?

They were married just over 51 years. March was the month of Tressa's death, on March 27, 1936.

Today I'm commemorating their 127th anniversary and remembering their birthdays. Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...