Sunday, April 24, 2011

Married on a Sunday

My great-grandparents, Henry Carl Meinzen and Elizabeth Armitage, were married 141 years ago on this day, April 24, 1870, in Steubenville, Ohio. That year April 24 also fell on a Sunday. Did they attend church together? Were they married before, during, or after the church service? Did they have any kind of celebration or did they begin their married life quietly with dinner at home alone? I have no information passed down from them, no newspaper article about their marriage, no way to learn more than date, location, and the name of the minister. I wish for more but I'm grateful to have that!

Happy Anniversary, Gramma and Grampa!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting to have a wedding on a Sunday. Happy Anniversary to them.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...