Neither William nor his parents, Andrew and Elizabeth (Laws) Doyle, appear in a British census as a couple or as a family. Andrew and Elizabeth married in November, 1861, thereby missing the census by a few months. William was born in 1863 and the family emigrated to the United States in 1869, thereby missing the 1871 census by a few years. I hope church records will help me confirm the place of birth and/or baptism.
This comes from the Pennsylvania Death Certificate collection on Ancestry.com.
Commonwealth of Pennyslvania
Department of Health
Bureau of Vital Statistics
File No. 40086
CERTIFICATE OF DEATH.
1. Place of Death: Mercer Cottage Hospital, Findley Township, Mercer County; length of stay 20 days
2. Full Name: William Doyle
3. No Social Security
6. Widowed, wife was Rose Thressa [sic]
7. Born March 3, 1863
8. Age: 78 years, 1 month, 25 days
9. Born England - Bedlinton [sic]
12: Father: Andrew Doyle
13. Father born Wallend, England
14. Mother: Elizabeth Laws
15: Mother born Yousin Square, England
16. Informant: Evelyn McClelland, Lyle Drive, Sharon, PA.
17. Burial April 30, 1941, Oak Hill Cemetery
18. Funeral Director Yeager & Taylor, Stoneboro, Pa.
19. Date & Registrar: April 29, 1941, Lola C. Eastlick
20. Date of Death: April 28, 1941, 2:25 A.M.
21. Physician attended deceased from April 8, 1941 to April 29, 1941 and last saw him alive on April 28, 1941. Immediate cause of death: chronic valvular heart disease with decompensation.
23. L. M. English, house doctor, Mercer Cottage Hospital. 4-28-1941
This is a post for 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks, created and hosted by Amy Johnson Crow at No Story Too Small. Thanks, Amy.
Copyright © 2015 Nancy Messier. All Rights Reserved.