Sunday, November 7, 2010

Geraldine Mae Meinzen Foulk
















This is my lovely aunt, my mother's sister. Her given name was Geraldine but she chose to be called Jeree most of her life. She was born on this day in 1918, the 2nd of 4 daughters born to William Carl Robert and Emma (Bickerstaff) Meinzen.

Aunt Jeree visited us but we didn't see her as often as we saw the other aunts so I feel like I don't know her as well as the other two aunts. During most of my childhood she lived a little further away. She worked as a beautician in Newton Falls, Ohio, and was married and divorced twice. I think her life was somewhat difficult. It ended abruptly on September 24, 1984, the year she would have turned 66. She left 3 adult children and 3 sisters.

This is a birthday post for her, just so she's not forgotten. Happy Birthday, Aunt Jeree.

2 comments:

  1. Kind of sad but a nice remembrance. I like the two different age photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geraldine was a pretty child and a lovely young woman.
    Good on you to celebrate her birthday. Yes, unfortunately life is not always sugar and spice.
    As child Geraldine looks full of interest, questions and expectations unto her nearest world. As a young lady, she looks flirtatious and the world is still her oyster.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...