When I look at this photo I wonder . . .
- Were the sisters' dresses all white? Did their mom make them?
- How old were the girls?
- Where was the photo taken? Who are the other two girls in the photo? Were the sisters visiting relatives in Steubenville or vice versa in Mineral Ridge?
- Did their father, a barber, cut their hair? Aren't those adorable bobs?
- What was the occasion, if it was an occasion? Would "Blondie" remember this particular photo and the events surrounding it? (I'll send it to her and ask her.)
- What were they doing before the photo was taken and what did they do after?
- And, who took the photo and with what kind of camera?
Photographs preserve only a moment in time and the image seen through the lens of the camera. But they may preserve a memory for those who experienced the taking of the photograph and they may jolt a memory of those whose images were captured by the photograph.
This is a Sibling Saturday post and a Sepia Saturday post. I invite you to go to Sepia Saturday 226 where you can see other old photographs and musings about them.