Thursday, September 29, 2011

Fredrick K. Gerner

This may be one of the poorest photographs I have in my collection. I can't make myself get rid of it because it's one of only two photographs I have with my great-grandfather, Fred Gerner, in them.

I don't know the date this photo was taken, nor the location. My best guess for date is about 1905; my best guess for location is one of Fred's farms, in either Butler or Mercer Counties, Pennsylvania. He and his family moved from one location to the other between 1900 and 1910. As for the children, if they're grandchildren, there are about six different little ones they could possibly be. There are several barely discernible young woman on the right side of the photo who I assume are the mothers of those little ones. I don't think anyone is alive who could positively -- or even guess -- the identify of either the babies or mothers.

Fredrick K. Gerner was born 163 years ago today. Happy Birthday, Grampa Gerner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...