Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Change to My Blog Template

It's an unnerving experience to change my blog's template and format, particularly because my technical abilities are limited. But it had to be done. The only way I can show you before and after views is with screenshots. What do you think? Which looks/looked better on your screen?



I originally chose the wider format because the art background in me says "fill the page" and that format did. But I realized while on a computer at the public library that the screen was filled with a messy jumble. I questioned a few other readers and realized that some of them sometimes saw a jumble, too. Honestly, I suspect that some readers left in disgust when they saw the mess. All that time so carefully arranging photographs was for naught.

Obviously the change was necessary. I hope you now see a narrower format that neatly fits on your screen without a jumble. I've changed some colors for the autumn season, too.

Please tell me what you see now when you look at this new format-- jumble or not? I'd appreciate the input.

Thanks to all of you who have continued to read my blog posts despite the mess. I appreciate it.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy
    I think it looks wonderful. But then I thought the older lay out was beautiful too. I never saw nor do I now I jumbled mess, Just a beautiful lay out that fills the whole page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good. What I never figured was how to put jpgs next to what is printed. I always post under the picture because I can not get it on the side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always read from a library computer and the screens have been ancient. I never thought it was jumbled. I'm viewing right now on one of those fancy new wide-screen monitors and it still looks very nice. I only notice that there seems to be more "white space." No worries about before, it was great. The thing I love about your blog, other than looking at the great family pics, is your wonderful writing. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traci, thank you for coming to look and telling me how it looks on your screen. And thank you for your kind comments.

    Claudia, thanks. You know, with photos, I can put them in the middle and the type will go beneath but when I put them to the left or right, I have to work so hard to get the type below. It just always appears beside the photo. It seems that blogger gives different experiences to its users.

    Kathleen, thanks for viewing and telling me what you think and what you see. And thank you for your kind comments about my writing. I appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the new colours, and your blog has never looked jumbled on my computer :-) Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is nice to air out your space. as you know, I have a single column for the post body on my blog, and keep the rest in a 2-columns footer. it keeps the focus on the current content. but this is all a matter of personal preference. though, jumble I see not, not before nor now. But I do not use anything archaic. perhaps on older models still working on 800X600, which I personally find inconceivable but are still around, or so I've heard.

    it's good though that you show care on how your readers see your blog.
    hats off to you!!
    :)~
    HUGZ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Jo. Thanks for letting me know and for coming to visit. I'm glad you like the colors.

    TB, thanks for your opinion and telling me how it looks on your screen, and your kind compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. of course!!
    that's what we blogger do,
    don't we!?!...
    :)~
    HUGZ

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...