After a successful February, I faltered in March and now I'm already behind with my April to do list. I went a little easier on myself in March and still I accomplished less than I hoped. Ah, well. There are more days to come but isn't there always more to do in a day than there is time?
My evaluation of March:
Post my to do list at the beginning of the month and my successes (or lack thereof) at the end of the month
Scan and transcribe the rest of Ellis Bickerstaff's Civil War Pension File
- The scanning and transcribing are still in progress (and are very slow going) but are nearly half finished. Of his wife's file, I've decided to transcribe only those pages with family history information.
- Reading the Doctors' Handwriting relates to the Civil War Pension File.
Write one book review
- Women Triumphant was posted on March 5.
Rename and organize at least one batch of photographs
- I completed this goal on March 8, though only a few were older family photographs.
Update and publish one surname variations post for Surname Saturday. This will be an ongoing post which I will update as I find new surname variations for each of the surnames I'm searching.
- Surname Variations #2 was posted on March 23.
Publish four posts for 1940 U. S. Census Ambassador
- 1940 U.S. Census Community Project, posted on March 2
- Any Day But Friday, posted on March 11
- Practicing for April 2, posted on March 20
- From the National Archives, about the 1940 Census, posted on March 25
- Prepare to Find Your Family on Census Day, posted March 29
RootsMagic: get on it!
- STILL undone! This was carried over once already.
Watch at least one genealogy webinar, read at least one Skillbuilders
I'm hoping to do better in April!