Monday, November 5, 2012

Gust Doyle's World War I Draft Registration Card - Military Monday

On this document (and several others) my paternal grandfather signed his name "Gus."
Form 1           REGISTRATION CARD          No. 5

1     Name in full    Gus Doyle       Age in Years    28
2     Home Address     Rural Route #1    Stoneboro    Pa
3     Date of birth     Nov  17  1888
4     Are you (1) a natural-born citizen...      Natural Born
5     Where were you born?     Stoneboro     Penna     USA
6     If not a citizen....
7     What is your present trade, occupation, or office?     Farming      1
8     By whom employed?     Myself
       Where employed?     Stoneboro
9     Have you a [family member]... solely dependent on you for support..."
       Wife & 1 Child
10   Married or single (which)?   Married       Race (specify which)?   Caucasian
11   What military service have you had?  Rank     None
12   Do you claim exemption from draft (specify grounds)?
       Occupation & Family support

I affirm that I have verified above answers and that they are true.
Gus Doyle [signature]

                      REGISTRAR'S REPORT
1   Tall, medium, or short...?    short       Slender, medium, or stout...?    medium
2    Color of eyes    light Blue      Color of hair    Brown       Bald    no
3    Has person lost arm, leg, hand... otherwise disabled...?     no

I certify that my answers are true, that the person registered has read his own answers, that I have witnessed his signature, and that all of his answers of which I have knowledge are true, except as follow    [blank]

37-2-27.  A    [rubber stamped]

H. H. McClearn [signature] (Signature of Registrar)
Precinct   Stoneboro
City or County   Mercer
State   Penna
June 5/17   (Date of Registration)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Blank transcription forms for World War I Draft Registration Card A are available from Ancestry.com as pdf documents.
.

1 comment:

  1. I found similar of my greatgrandfather. Do you know where he fought in Europe?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...