Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Not Quite a Carol for Christmas

Though she has been silent for a while I knew our dear footnoteMaven would not fail us with an invitation to participate in her beloved tradition of Blog Caroling.  Thank you, Maven.

It is a tradition I love too, but this year the exultant joy that I usually feel has been replaced by a deep sorrow for the families and friends of those whose lives were stolen last Friday in Newtown, Connecticut.  To imagine parents and siblings having no more Christmases with those little ones makes my heart weep.  And so this Christmas, instead of the jubilant "Bring a Torch, Jeanette Isabella" or the energetic "On Christmas Night All Christians Sing" (also known as the "Sussex Carol"), I'm sharing "Where Are You Christmas."



Wishing Christmas blessings to you and those you love.

--Nancy.
.

1 comment:

  1. This is very touching in its simplicity, Nancy. It's so hard to muster the usual Christmas joy in the face of such terrible loss. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...