Monday, May 28, 2018

Memorial Day Thoughts

This is a repost from May, 25, 2015.

I think Memorial Day must be the saddest holiday in America -- and maybe one of the most sacred.  We remember and honor soldiers who sacrificed all -- their very lives -- to keep America free.

Among my ancestors I have only a few who served in the military, and they all returned home.  I'm grateful.  But there are so many whose lives were cut short, who left behind spouses, children, parents, and siblings, all deprived of a lifetime of joy and companionship with their loved ones.

I am grateful for their sacrifice.

--Nancy.

Copyright ©2015-2018, Nancy Messier.  All Rights Reserved. 
Do not copy or use any content from this blog without written permission of the owner. 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...