Sunday, July 10, 2016

Will You Accept My Challenge to Index? Just Four Days to Go!


Once again FamilySearch is hosting a worldwide indexing event.  This year it's scheduled for July 14-17.  They hope 72,000 participants will index at least one batch of records each.  Think what that will do for our online searches at FamilySearch!  Will you accept my challenge to participate?

I index at least one batch every Sunday.  I got out of the habit a year or so ago and began again last month.  I think it's a good way to serve others.  Plus it's a gentle activity for the Sabbath.  (Or any other day, for that matter.)

I love this cute, little informational presentation about indexing (first image below) which you can access here.


If you want more information about indexing read Worldwide Indexing Event 2016.

Won't you accept my challenge and index at least one batch of records between July 14 and July 17?  You can RSVP in the comment section.

--Nancy.
.

2 comments:

  1. I too got out of the habit of indexing, something I actually enjoyed doing. Your committment to indexing a batch on Sunday is a great idea -- I need to do that too. And yes, I plan to be in on the big event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's really easy to let indexing fall by the wayside, Wendy. It seems like I have to make a conscious effort, even going to so far as to make a note in my calendar every Sunday. That's helped.

      Glad you've accepted the challenge and will index this weekend!

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...