Tuesday, January 5, 2021

January Celebrations Among Relatives and Ancestors

A few years ago I wrote monthly posts with the names and dates of births and marriages among ancestors, collateral relatives, descendants, and a few living family members.  I've decided to return to that this year, adding a few comments about some of the individuals as well as an occasional observation.   

One thing I notice about the birth dates in January is that three people were born on January 28.  I don't suppose that's uncommon depending on the number of ancestors and relatives one has found.

Descendants and Living Relatives
  • January 10    Olivia D.
  • January 10    Isaac D.
  • January 14    Heather E.
  • January 31    Michael M.
  • January 31    Caleb E.
Olivia and Isaac are my grandchildren.  I think it's unusual for siblings born two years apart to be born on the same day.

Ancestors
  • January 13, 1847     Abel Armitage and Eliza Hartley are my mother's paternal great-grandparents.  Their marriage ended with Eliza's death from consumption on October 22, 1856, in Trimdon, Durham, England.
  • January 19, 1817     Elizabeth (Thompson) Laws is my third great-grandmother on the Doyle side.  She died at the age of 69 on March 8, 1886, in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Northumberland, England.  (This information comes from family records; further documentation is needed.)

Among My Collateral Lines
  • January   2, 1854     Enos Bickerstaff and Abigail Arbaugh
  • January   4, 1851     Anthony Laws
  • January   5, 1866     Elizabeth (Lizzie) Froman
  • January   8, 1873     Andrew Doyle, Jr.
  • January   9, 1903     Harry G. Froman
  • January 10, 1906     Minnie M. Gerner
  • January 11, 1887     Gust Proud
  • January 13, 1844     Jane Laws
  • January 15, 1883     Ellis H. Bickerstaff and Lucy Umbarger.  Ellis is my great-great-grandfather.  Lucy is his second wife.
  • January 17, 1833     Enos Bickerstaff
  • January 18, 1863     John F. Froman
  • January 20, 1858     Mary Ellen Thompson
  • January 20, 1887     Lula Bernesa (Luella) Meinzen
  • January 21, 1869     Alfred Vensel and Emma Gerner
  • January 22, 1861     Augustine Bickerstaff and Mary Dunn
  • January 26, 1885     Elizabeth Wilhelmina (Mina, Minnie) Meinzen
  • January 26, 1892     William Henry Bickerstaff
  • January 28, 1885     Elizabeth May Thompson
  • January 28, 1889     Frederick Doyle
  • January 28, 1908     Edna Hendricks
  • January 29, 1881     Mary Alma Gerner

Notes and Comments
  • Of the individuals on this last list, I personally knew only Mina Meinzen and Edna Hendricks.
  • Of the Bickerstaffs, Augustine, Enos, and Ellis are brothers.  William Henry is the grandson of Ellis and Emma (Nelson) Bickerstaff.
  • Anthony Laws and Jane Laws are siblings.

–Nancy.

Copyright ©2021, Nancy Messier.  All Rights Reserved. 
Do not copy or use any content from this blog without written permission from the owner. 

.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THAT YOU ARE FINDING THIS INFORMATION, KEEPING THEIR MEMORY EVEN IF IT IS ONLY THEIR NAME, STILL ALIVE. I ALSO LOVE WHEN YOU SHARE MEMORIES FOUND IN THE LETTERS FROM THE GERMAN POWS WHO WROTE FOLLOWING THE WAR AND REMINICING OF THEIR GOOD TREATMENT BY THOSE ANCESTORS..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, QuiltGranma. About the POW letters, I think you must have me confused with someone else. I don't think I have any POW letters.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...