Thursday, February 25, 2021

RootsTech 2021 Begins Today!

Most people who read this blog probably already know about RootsTech 2021, the wonderful, completely virtual, free, genealogy conference that's happening now.  But in the off chance some of you don't I want you to know about it.  In past years it was an in-person conference with a few sessions offered online.  This year, because of Covid 19, the conference is completely virtual and free.  But to enjoy all the benefits you'll need to register, which you can do here.

This is a great introductory video by Jen Allen, the director of RootsTech 2021, in which she explains how to use the website and gives an overview of what's offered. 



There's a series of videos here explaining more and this blog post gives even more detail. 

And don't forget the sessions -- people who have expertise in different areas of family history share their knowledge.  These are where I learn the most.  You can see the 18-page list here.  Each page has at least 32 presentations -- more than 1500 sessions in all. 

Or you can explore the sessions here.  They are divided into eight categories.  (You may have to be registered and sign in to use this link.)


Below are the direct links to each category.  I loved looking at the session options this way because I could click on the ones I want to watch and they were added to my playlist.  Thank goodness we have a whole year to watch the sessions!

There's so much more to RootsTech than this brief overview but you can scout around at the websites above and see all the offerings for yourself.  I hope you enjoy and learn some new things, too!

–Nancy.

Copyright ©2021, Nancy Messier.  All Rights Reserved. 
Do not copy or use any content from this blog without written permission from the owner. 

.

2 comments:

  1. I am enjoying all the sessions & I am glad they will be available for 365 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed the ones I've watched, too, and I'm thrilled I have a whole year to watch the ones I haven't seen. When there are over 1800 sessions, it's easy to find enough to last a year.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...