Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Speedy Service from the U.K. GRO

Late Sunday evening, January 5, I ordered death records for Robert Laws and Elizabeth (Thompson) Laws from the U.K. Government Records Office (GRO).  I understood that they would arrive within about two weeks.

I was pleasantly surprised to receive an email on Tuesday morning, the 7th, telling me that my records were ready.  And, there they were ready for download at the GRO website.

GRO has expanded their search resources and offers the purchase of pdf certificates for £7.00/$9.12 (currently).  I've ordered a few and have been pleased with the quality of the scans.

To use the GRO create an account with email and password and then choose from these offerings:
  • Place an Order
  • View a recent order
  • Search the GRO Indexes
  • Find out about researching my family history
  • Find out about GRO services
  • Contact GRO
The indexes are a little challenging to maneuver through but definitely worth the effort.  GRO is one of my favorite places to buy records.

Robert's and Elizabeth's certificates did not give me all the information I hoped they would but in conjunction with other records they will be helpful.  I have some work to do on the Laws family. 

–Nancy.

Copyright ©2020, Nancy Messier.  All Rights Reserved. 
Do not copy or use any content from this blog without written permission from the owner. 

.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - that's the fastest I've ever seen a delivery from the GRO. Might try a couple myself. For Canadians reading this, the pdf copies are closer to $12. It will change daily, depending on the exchange rate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you order GRO records, Teresa, I hope they arrive as quickly. I've usually had to wait at least several weeks. They must be perfecting the process! I thought about mentioned the exchange rates.... I think they can change from day to day.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...