Monday, September 26, 2022

An Earliest Memory - Monday Memory

I climbed out of my crib after my afternoon nap and went downstairs.  It was as though I'd walked into a golden wonderland.  Through the long, narrow, west-facing living window shone the glow of a late autumn sunset.  It had turned the room warm and golden and beautiful.

There are times a memory is barely a wisp.  An image or two, a feeling, a sense....  This is one of those memories.  And I think it a strange thing how a memory can sometimes drift into non-memory, no before the beginning and no after the end.  The memory just evaporates.

This is one of my earliest memories and was, perhaps, my first observation of how light changes throughout the day and from season to season.  Noticing the light is something I still do and enjoy.  Sometimes I think I can almost tell the time and season from the angle of the light.

I wish I had a photograph of that afternoon sunlight.

Do you have very early childhood memories?

—Nancy.

Copyright © 2022 Nancy Messier.  All Rights Reserved. 
Do not copy or use any content from this blog without written permission from the owner. 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...