Monday, May 1, 2023

May Celebrations among Ancestors and Relatives

It's unusual to have only one living relative with a birthday in a month, but here we are in May celebrating only my brother!  Happy Birthday, Bob!

I think it's also unusual for siblings (who aren't twins) to share a birthday.  Two Gerner sisters, Ida and Mabel, were both born on May 17, but 13 years apart.  (Two of my own grandchildren share the same birthday, two years apart.)

I've been unable to find a birth date for Emma Nelson, who married Ellis Bickerstaff, so I'm remembering her on her death date.

Living Relative
May 20    Robert Lee/Bob D., my brother

The Grands
May   1, 1878 d.    Emma Nelson (w/o Ellis Bickerstaff)
May   3, 1825        William Doyle and Martha Reay
May   8, 1851        Lydia Bell (w/o John Thompson)
May 12, 1854        Elvira Bartley (w/o Fredrick Gerner)

Collateral Relatives
May   5, 1810    Robert Laws
May   7, 1856    Rachel Anna Thompson
May   8, 1859    Josephine Bell
May   8, 1905    Laura Bell and Theodore Moses
May   8, 1936    Veronica June Meinzen and Burton Kenneth Gettings
May 10, 1849    John W. Bickerstaff, son of William and Susan (Holmes) Bickerstaff
May 10, 1937    Elizabeth Zerelda Hendricks and Leonard Miller Fair
May 12, 1878    Emma Everall, wife of George T. Doyle
May 12, 1886    Russel Rhome, husband of Naomi Meinzen
May 12, 1920    Clarence Leroy Bickerstaff, son of William and Lucy (Van Kirk) Bickerstaff
May 15, 1892    Ethel Clair (or Clare) Gerner
May 17, 1873    Ida Adelia Gerner
May 17, 1886    Mabel Lodenia Gerner
May 20, 1854    Matthew Laws
May 20, 1896    Lana Ellen Gerner and William H. Snair
May 21, 1850    Ann Armitage, sister of Elizabeth Armitage
May 22, 1898    Naomi Faye Meinzen
May 26, 1904    Agnes May Pressell, wife of Edward Bickerstaff
May 27, 1909    Elizabeth Zerelda Hendricks
May 28, 1890    Margaret Doyle and David Wood
May 28, 1919    Paul Victor Gerner and Ethel M. Knox
May 29, 1917    Elizabeth Ann Meinzen, daughter of Jacob and Sudie (Coss) Meinzen
May 30, 1903    Cecil E. Hashman

The Lines of the Grands
  • Emma Nelson  >  Edward Jesse Bickerstaff  >  Emma (Bickerstaff) Meinzen  >  Audrey (Meinzen) Doyle  >  me
  • William Doyle and Martha Reay  >  Andrew Doyle  >  William Doyle  >  Gust Doyle  >  Lee Doyle  >  me
  • Lydia Bell  >  Mary (Thompson) Bickerstaff  >  Emma (Bickerstaff) Meinzen  >  Audrey (Meinzen) Doyle  >  me
  • Elvira Bartley  >  Beulah Mae (Gerner) Doyle  >  Lee Doyle  >  me

I identified some of the relationships of the collateral relatives but if you're interested in ones I haven't identified, please ask.

I'm remembering, commemorating, honoring, and celebrating all of my relatives who have birthdays and anniversaries this month, but especially my brother.  Enjoy!

—Nancy.

Copyright © 2023 Nancy Messier.  All Rights Reserved. 
Do not copy or use any content from this blog without written permission from the owner. 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...