Saturday, July 1, 2023

July Celebration Days for My Ancestors and Relatives

When I compile these birthday and anniversary lists I sometimes look through them to see how many of the people I knew in person in my lifetime.  This month I know the living relatives, of course, but of the grands, only my maternal grandmother, Emma (Bickerstaff) Meinzen.  Of the collateral relatives, there are ten who were alive during my lifetime, but only a few I knew well enough to remember them.

July is the month of twins in my family.  There are two sets, both relatives of each other.  Alfonzo and Alonzo Gerner are the great-grand-uncles of Holly S. and Jeff P. 

Living Relatives
July   6   Holly S.
July   6   Jeff P.
July 10   Chuck P.
July 10   Bob and Eva D.
July 18   Ian D.
July 25   Seth D.
July 28   Jacob E.

The Grands
July   6, 1893   Emma Virginia (Bickerstaff) Meinzen
July 16, 1838   Dixon and Rebecca (Smith) Bartley (or 1836)
July 24, 1872   Fredrick K. Gerner and Elvira Bartley
July 25, 1837   Henry Carl Meinzen
July 27, 1848   Jacob Thompson and Mary Richardson
July 29, 1828   Elizabeth [Maiden Name Unknown] Bickerstaff (w/o Augustine)  (death)

Collateral Relatives
July   1, 1873   Joseph A. Bickerstaff
July   3, 1907   Evelyn Lengauer Leathers
July   4, 1893   Carrie Mack
July   4, 1923   Edward Calvin Bickerstaff
July   5, 1905   Emma Doyle and John Lengauer
July   6, 1921   Richard E. Davis
July   6, 1934   William Leroy (Butch) Schwab
July 10, 1882   Fred Holland
July 10, 1890   Warren Franklin Gerner
July 11, 1906   Bertha Meinzen and William R. Henderson
July 11, 1907   Russell Sage Pugh
July 12, 1854   Christian Gerner
July 13, 1871   Margaret Doyle
July 13, 1893   Lucy VanKirk
July 15, 1877   Edward G. Gerner
July 16, 1911   Helen M. Bickerstaff
July 17, 1948   William Edward Doyle and Doris I. Condit
July 19, 1921   Doris Jean (Dot) Meinzen
July 20, 1883   John Gerner and Maggie Sarver
July 25, 1858   John Laws
July 25, 1874   Alonzo J. Gerner
July 25, 1874   Alfonzo F. Gerner
July 28, 1902   Lina Proud
July 31, 1914   Sidney Eugene Harris

The Lines of the Grands
  • Emma Virginia (Bickerstaff) Meinzen is my maternal grandmother.
  • Dixon and Rebecca (Smith) Bartley -->  Elvira (Bartley) Gerner -->  Beulah Mae (Gerner) Doyle --> Lee Doyle -->  me
    There is a discrepancy, or uncertainty, about their marriage year.  Another Bartley researcher gives the year as 1836 while a newspaper article about their anniversary gives the year as 1838.  I've not yet found a marriage record.
  • Fredrick and Elvira (Bartley) Gerner -->  Beulah Mae (Gerner) Doyle -->  Lee Doyle -->  me
  • Henry Carl Meinzen -->  W. R. Robert Meinzen -->  Audrey (Meinzen) Doyle -->  me
  • Jacob and Mary (Richardson) Thompson -->  John Thomas Thompson -->  Mary (Thompson) Bickerstaff -->  Emma Virginia (Bickerstaff) Meinzen -->  Audrey (Meinzen) Doyle -->  me
  • Elizabeth (MNU, wife of Augustine Bickerstaff) --> William Bickerstaff -->  Ellis Bickerstaff -->  Edward Jesse Bickerstaff -->  Emma Virginia (Bickerstaff) Meinzen -->  Audrey (Meinzen) Doyle -->  me
    Some researchers give Elizabeth's last name as McQueen but I've seen no documentation to support that surname.

Sending Best Birthday and Anniversary Wishes to all!

—Nancy.

Copyright © 2023 Nancy Messier.  All Rights Reserved. 
Do not copy or use any content from this blog without written permission from the owner. 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...