Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Fact/Opinion/Search Chart

This is another form I use. I print this one and the checklist in the previous post back to back with this one toward the front.

I think this is especially useful to keep track of those little nudges I get to check this place or that for a record -- forgotten if I don't write them down. When I've made good use of this form and for some reason have to stop research for a particular ancestor, I can step right back into work because it helps me remember where I was and what I wanted to do next.

This form, like the previous one, does not take the place of my detailed research log. Also, like the previous form, I don't know if I this form was my idea or if I found one like it somewhere and adapted it.

As Barbara mentioned in a comment on the checklist post, these forms might be most useful for those new to family history.


How do you keep track of what you want to do next, especially if you're working on multiple relatives at the same time?

1 comment:

  1. Nancy - I have awarded you the "Ancestor Approved Award", for you great blog. You can pick it up on my blog "The Ties That Bind"
    Terri

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...