Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Checklist for Completed Searches

This is a form I use to help me with my searches.  This doesn't take the place of a detailed research log or any other form where source documentation would go.

I primarily use it to check off the places I've already searched and to remind myself where else I can look.  I generally don't add much information on this form unless there are several places to search for an item, such as in more than one Bible, military service in two wars or two countries, more than one marriage, etc.

If I ever retype this there is one more section I would add, and that is addresses.  I think I would leave space to list them, along with dates.  For me it would make an easy reference.

To be honest I don't know how I came to have this form.  I remember that I typed it in this format, though it was probably a list I found in a book when I very first started thinking about the possibility of working on my family history.  If someone out there reading this blog sees this form and can point me to its source, I'd be grateful.  I'd like to give credit.

I have another form or two that I like and use, which I'll post in the next few days.

Do you have suggestions for improvement of this one? Do you have forms (other than census transcription forms) that you like and use?


Posts using this form
> Saturday’s Dilemma ~ Trying To Get It All Straight at Genealogy With Valerie

–Nancy.

Copyright ©2010-2020, Nancy Messier.  All Rights Reserved. 
Do not copy or use any content from this blog without written permission from the owner. 

.

3 comments:

  1. Nancy, I really like this form, it is neatly condensed and has everything on it. In the past, I was a form user, but no longer. However, this is perfect for the new researcher. Each person's info. is different and you could use the extra space on the front for a Misc., and your addresses could go on the back. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy,
    I like this form also, it's good to have reminders of stones to look under. If you ever find out where it came from let me know. It printed off very well from your blog after clicking on it. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nancy,
    I redesigned this form today, while on a boring conference call. Email me so I can send it to you, I made some changes. My email is on my profile.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...