Thursday, May 20, 2010

Happy Birthday, Bob

I love this photo of my older brother, Bob. It was taken about 6 years before I was born and during the year that my sister, Marsha, was born - at least so says the date Mom wrote on the border of the print.

Could this be a 4th birthday photo of Bob with our mom or was it taken later in the summer? If it was a birthday photo, I'd say it was not yet a happy birthday if the look on his face tells us anything.


When I was a child, there were 2 people I sensed I could always count on: Gramma Meinzen and Bob. Though he sometimes tickled and teased me, there was a constancy about both him and Gramma: I knew they loved me.

Happy Birthday, Bob! I hope you have a great day. I love you.

2 comments:

  1. This is a darling picture! Happy Birthday Uncle Bob!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great picture! I hope you have a wonderfully Happy Birthday, Uncle Bob!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...