Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Spam Comments

Thanks to Kristen at My Cleages And Reeds I just learned that subscribers to comments from posts get not only the honest comments but also get the spam comments. This happens only if the blogger publishing the post doesn't have comment moderation with captcha or blogger approval.

To unsubscribe to comments, blogger tells me,
"You can unsubscribe from comments by email at any time; just click the unsubscribe link in the comment emails you receive.

"Or, alternatively, you can click the 'Unsubscribe' link on the blog's comment page. Then, just as when you subscribed to comments by email, you'll be taken to a confirmation page where you can confirm your unsubscription."

I'm sorry if any of you have been getting spam because you subscribed to comments from one of my posts. I like not having to moderate comments and I think it's easier for commenters not to have to type in a captcha, but if several of you tell me that you're having problems, I'll put the captcha back on. Maybe blogger will figure out a way for us not to get the spam comments....

Thanks for your patience.

1 comment:

  1. No biggie. We're all bloggers, so we know that spam happens. If I see the occasional spam comment, I just delete it and move on. Deleting those is a lot faster and easier than typing in Captcha codes!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...