I'll begin this publicly but may not publish my responses to all the prompts, or even complete all the responses. Here goes!
Prompt #1: Who Am I?
Ask yourself 20 times, "Who are you?" Record 20 or more different responses.
- a beloved daughter of God and a daughter of earthly parents.
- a sister, sister-in-law, cousin, wife.
- a mother.
- a descendant -- a member of a very large family.
- a lover of life (despite it's challenges!).
- an Airedale lover. (If I can't have an Airedale I don't want a dog.)
- a quilter.
- an introvert and a very private person (which makes it surprising that I'm publishing this meme; it may be too public for me). Read Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain to learn more about that aspect of who I am.
- a wonderer. If my mind isn't actively engaged in what I'm doing, I'm wondering about one thing or another, more often than not something about my ancestors, their lives, how to find them, their living situations, etc.
- a shameless chocoholic. My current favorite is Nestle Crunch bars but when it gets cooler I'll go back to Reese's minis. And then there's Heggy's peanut patties and chocolate covered marshmallows, for all seasons.
- a family historian.
- a covenant keeper.
- a collector: of seed pods, bird nests, feathers, beautiful natural objects; fabric; paper and office supplies;
- a reader.
- a writer.
- a friend.
- a researcher. Anything that interests me, for however brief or long the research may be to find answers to my questions. I'm grateful for the internet which has brought the world to my home. Books did that before but in a slightly more detached way, perhaps.
- a learner. I learn best by reading first, then sometimes by seeing illustrations or photos, and finally by doing and referencing back to what I've read.
- a blogger, which is a lot like being a writer, but different.
- an attentive listener. A perfect fit is an introvert who likes to listen and someone who loves to talk.
- a thrift store shopper. They are the department stores where I can find one-of-a-kind items.