Monday, May 28, 2012

So Many Heroes


This morning we attended the Memorial Day Memorial Service at Green Lawn Cemetery in Columbus, Ohio. Walking amongst the flag-adorned graves, hearing "The Star-Spangled Banner," seeing the flag at half-staff, hearing the 21-gun salute . . . I felt a swell of joy for this dear country where I live in which so many freedoms are preserved. I felt a heavy sorrow that so many men and women have fought and died, given the ultimate sacrifice of their lives - and continue to do so - for the preservation of the freedoms we hold so dear.

They are heroes and I owe them a debt of gratitude. Thank you, Soldiers.
.

1 comment:

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...