Saturday, January 25, 2014

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks

Amy Johnson Crow extended a call to her readers to write about 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks.  Her idea is one per week but since I've been away from home the first few weeks of the year, if I look at it that way I'm already behind!

In fact, Amy's not really concerned that we share one ancestor per week, or even that we share 52 ancestors.  She's encouraging us to write!  She says, "The point of 52 Ancestors is to write, not to enforce a bunch of guidelines.  Feel free to start whatever week you want.  Skip a week if you need to.  (Catch up later… or not. It’s up to you!)  Include collateral relatives if you want; I’m not going to check if it’s an actual ancestor or a collateral.  It’s up to you."

I hope I can do this.  I'm already about a dozen Book of Me posts behind (but hope to catch up with the topics I want to write about).  December was a bust as far as research and writing about my ancestors.  January's not too far behind.  There are times when living real life and spending time with living relatives is more important than researching dead relatives, huh?

My thought for 52 Weeks is to write relatively short posts about both direct and collateral ancestors.  We'll see how it goes.

You can take the challenge by visiting Amy's blog, No Story Too Small, and leaving a message.

--Nancy.
.

2 comments:

  1. I was going to do it, and I will probably post about a bunch of ancestors this year. I just couldn't take on another challenge where I feel obligated to visit others who are participating. I feel like I have so little time these days to even visit my usual blogs! I don't know what to do. Like here, I haven't been here in awhile. Now I'm going to read your post about indexing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Kristin, I find it difficult to visit the participants in a challenge, especially this one since there are so many. But I will visit a few each week. However, I do find the challenge has been good for me because so far I've concentrated on my oldest Jolletts, ones for whom I have so little information. The challenge has given me the opportunity to focus on them, make some sense of them. The downside is that my posts have been rather boring and lacking in any images. If I were a visitor, I wouldn't want to read them because they don't look very appealing.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...