Sunday, April 3, 2011

Woven Generations

"Family history matters. Searching for connections. Preserving stories. Picking up the threads that tie us to the past. All these illuminate the importance of individuals, bring generations together, and help weave the fabric of humankind."



Poor Wayfaring Stranger

I am a poor wayfaring stranger traveling through this world of woe.
But there's no sickness, toil nor danger in that bright land to which I go.
I'm going there to see my father. I'm going there no more to roam.
I'm just a going over Jordan. I'm just a going over home.

I know dark clouds will gather round me. I know my way is rough and steep;
And yet green pastures lie before me, and God's redeemed no more shall weep.
I'm going there to see my mother. She said she'd meet me when I come.
I'm just a going over Jordan. I'm just a going over home.

I'm going there to see my Savior, to sing his praise forevermore.
I'm just a going over Jordan. I'm just a going over home.

5 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, all your posts are interesting to read but ones like this really make me think of the blessings that family history can bring into our lives and our family's lives. Love your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, Thanks for posting this. I attended the NGS conference in SLC last April and this was the highlight of the whole week! My friend and I decided we had the best seats in the house, we felt very blessed to be there, the whole program was wonderful from start to finish. Do you have the DVD? It's very inexpensive and easy to order.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dorene, Jim, and Renée, you're welcome. It just seemed like a good post for Sunday.

    Jim, thank you for your kind comment about my posts. I, too, think the videos by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints helps us think about the blessings of family history. For me it's not just about finding family members but also, as I learn about them, I feel closer to them and learn to love them.

    Renée, I watched the program online but have not yet ordered the DVD. I know it costs only about $5.00 - I just haven't gotten around to it. (Actually, I think I forgot about it.) Since you brought it to my mind, I think I'll do it this week. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...